We will list current and earlier announcements about funding calls and other relevant
Some of the major funding agencies which fund projects in Medtech sector in India are listed below and it is advisable to visit their sites for information about funding opportunities:
- NIDHI PRAYAS
In the present climate of innovation in India, there is support available for both R&D of ideas and commercialization of products, especially that which is provided by STEPs and TBIs promoted by NESTEDB of DST. There is a profound lack of support for early stage prototyping in the country, causing many innovators to lose interest in their ventures in the absence of support at that critical juncture.
There is a definite need to address the gap in the very early stage idea/ proof of concept funding. National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) is an umbrella programme conceived and developed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, for nurturing ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful start-ups. Under this initiative, DST has launched NIDHI- Promoting and Accelerating Young and ASpiring innovators (NIDHI-PRAYAS) program. The program caters to idea-stage entrepreneurs with a physical product offering, who require support for prototyping. It would also facilitate the innovators with the Physical infrastructure, Technical Guidance, Mentorship etc. This support shall allow the innovators to try their ideas without fear of failure, hence allowing them to reach a stage where they have a ready product and are willing to approach incubators for commercialization. Hence NIDHI-PRAYAS can be considered a pre-incubation initiative and a source of pipeline for incubators.
Objectives of NIDHI PRAYAS
- To enable translation of an innovative idea to a prototype.
- To provide a platform for faster experimentation and modify approaches in the idea to market journey.
- To generate innovative solutions relevant to the local and global problems.
- To attract a large number of youth who demonstrates problem solving zeal and abilities to work on their new technology/knowledge/innovation based startups.
- To enhance the pipeline in terms of quality and quantity of innovative startups to the incubators.
- To build a vibrant innovation ecosystem, by establishing a network between innovators, academia, mentors and incubators.
- Medical Devices Startups Need Exclusive Ecosystem
Read News in Destination Kerala
- http://startupindia.gov.in/ Please visit the above website of Start up India initiative of the Government of India for all that you want to know about definition of start up, registration of start ups, incentives for start ups, IPR policy for start upsetc
- Department of Science and Technology, Government of India (www.dst.gov.in)
- Department of Biotechnology, Government of India (www.dbtindia.nic.in)
- BIRAC (www.birac.nic.in)
- Government of India, Department of Electronics and Information technology (http://deity.gov.in/)
- GITA, Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (www.gita.org.in)
- SERB, Science and Engineering Research Board (www.serb.gov.in)
- The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) (www.iusstf.org)
- Indian Council for Medical Research (www.icmr.nic.in)
- National Innovation Foundadtion (www.nif.org.in)
- Stanford-India Biodesign (biodesign.stanford.edu/bdn/india/)
- Innovate for digital India Challenge (https://innovate.mygov.in)
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (csir.res.in)